Terms and Conditions of Sale
The International Spy Shop will accept orders via s-mail, e-mail, telephone, facsimile or in our retail store front in San Francisco. Orders will not be processed until payment is received and if payment is made by personal or business check, the order will not be processed until the check clears our bank. By placing an order, the buyer represents that he/she is of legal age to receive the products/equipment will only be used in a legal and lawful manner in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The International Spy Shop does not accept COD orders. International buyers are wholly responsible for any import licensing requirements, custom duties, and import restrictions. It is the international buyers responsibility to ascertain to destination country laws, regulations, and custom prior to ordering.
Payment may be made by money order, cashier check, bank check, personal check, business check, wire transfer, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Payment for all international orders must be payable in USA funds thru Wire Transfer collectible in a USA bank. Do not send cash with your order as The International Spy Shop, cannot be responsible for cash payments made through the mail.
A shipping, handling, and insurance (SHI) charge of $12.00 applies to all orders shipped to a destination within the continental United States unless otherwise indicated. A SHI charge of $25.00 applies to all orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada unless otherwise indicated. Orders for large bulky items such as surveillance monitors are subject to an additional SHI charge of $25.00. If in doubt regarding the SHI charge of a particular product or piece of equipment, please send us an e-mail. All orders are shipped via U.S. Mail, UPS, Federal Express, courier, or freight. The method of shipment is at the discretion of the seller, however most orders are shipped via FedEx. Expedited shipping is available at additional cost. It is the buyers responsibility to check all received orders for damage prior to acceptance from the carrier as any products/equipment damage in transit is the responsibility if the carrier and a claim for damages products/equipment should be filed with the carrier. Any delay in filing a claim with the carrier may result in a loss to the buyer. Our responsibility for products/equipment ceases when the shipment of said products/equipment leaves the facility.
International buyers are wholly responsible for any import licensing requirements, custom duties, and import restrictions. It is the international buyers responsibility to ascertain to destination country laws, regulations, and custom prior to ordering products which are regulated by the United States Government and may not be exported without prior written approval from the Department of Commerce (Part 370, Export Administration Regulations) and/or the Department of State (Title 22, Parts 121-128, ITAR) and/or other applicable Federal Agencies or Branches. It is the responsibility of the BUYER, not (The International Spy Shop) to research and obtain such licensing prior to placing your order. These products include, but are not limited to: Advanced Technology Night-Vision Equipment; High-Level Scrambling & Encryption Hardware & Software.
Some of the products sold by us may be restricted in your home country and could be subject to seizure by your customs. It is the responsibility the BUYER, not (The International Spy Shop) to determine any restrictions that may exist with respect to the equipment that the buyer intends to purchase. Legal responsibility, and legal possession are transferred to the BUYER immediately upon shipping. The International Spy Shop will not accept the return of a product which has been sent back to us by customs due to an oversight of the buyer.
Certain products/equipment are not available for the general public. Restricted products/equipment are clearly denoted in the product description. To order a restricted item please submit a copy of your law enforcement ID with your written order, or submit your written order with a cover letter prepared on departmental or governmental agency letterhead.
RETURNS & WARRANTIESWarranty coverage does not extend to any product or equipment that fails as a result of purchaser abuse, misuse, unintended use, erroneous voltage, modification, acts of God, or any other act not specifically stated.
Due to the nature of the products/equipment that we offer, all sales are final. Products/equipment may be returned for exchange, shipping prepaid by purchaser, if the buyer requests a return authorization number within five calendar days from the date of receipt if the error is clearly ours (i.e. wrong item shipped) A copy of the buyer's original receipt must accompany all returns and all returns must be in the same condition as when shipped and must be complete (i.e. original product box, product packing, product manual, power supply, etc.). The International Spy Shop does not provide a warranty, express, implied, or otherwise on any of the products/equipment that we offer unless said product/equipment is an item that we manufacture. All product warranties are those of the manufactures. If a buyer receives a defective item, we replace or repair that item at our discretion during the warranty period provided said defective item is returned (shipping prepaid by purchaser) complete (i.e. original product box, product packing, product manual, power supple, etc.), or the original manufacture will replace or repair that item during the warranty period. If an item fails during the warranty period, the buyer should contact the manufacture. Built-to-order items are not returnable for refund or exchange. Defective built-to-order items will be repaired if failure occurs during the warranty period and the failure is not the result of the purchaser abuse, misuse, unintended use, erroneous voltage, modification, or any other act not specifically covered. None of the products that we offer are covered by any warranty, express or implied, if the purchaser does not use the recommended or offered power supply, or if the purchaser does not use our enclosure (applies to board cameras only).
All returns must have a return authorization number (request by email) and any returns authorized by The International Spy Shop are subject to a 35 % restocking charge.
Unjustified Credit Card Chargebacks
In accordance with this, we will charge a $75 penalty fee for every unjustified credit card chargeback against our company. We will also report all unjustified chargebacks to ChargeBackProtection.org, thereby banning you from placing orders with any business that uses ChargeBackProtection.org.
Examples of unjustified chargebacks are: a customer issues an unjustified complaint, a customer starts an unwarranted dispute with his credit card company, a customer refuses to pay, a customer ships the product without going through the RMA process and starts a dispute, a customer disregards our return policy and etc.
Persons who commit fraudulent activity will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Both the FBI and the U.S. Secret Service are responsible for investigating Internet Fraud Cases. Fraudulent information will be provided to the issuing bank, shipping carriers and networked with our business partners.
Congratulations you have chosen to have a custom built item. You're getting a unique item hand built to your specification.
In order to have this high level of craftsmanship delivered we need to make sure that the item meets our standards. On average a 3-5 business day manufacturing period is required. With unusual circumstances it can take up to 2-4 weeks. We appreciate your understanding that such a delay is sometime necessary to ensure the quality you expect and that we demand.
On any custom order due to their nature of these products unfortunately we must charge a 50% restocking fee should the order need to be cancelled for any reason. Please be sure that you are prepared to accept the terms listed above before placing any custom order.
Sometimes pricing listed on International Spy Shop website or shopping cart may show an incorrect price (either higher or lower) due to typographical errors. In this event, we have the right to decline the order. Most of the time International Spy Shop will agree to the webpage published price.
International Spy Shop cannot be held liable for any problems this may cause.
It is the responsibility of the buyer, not The International Spy Shop to determine the legality and conform to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding the purchase, possession, and/or use of the product/equipment that we offer.
All Surveillance Equipment sold are subject To Public Law 90-351, TITLE III, 18 USD.,SECTION 2511, ALL LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL ORDINANCES, RULES, REGULATIONS, ETC.By placing an order with The International Spy Shop, the buyer represents that he/she is of legal age to receive the products/equipment ordered and that the product/equipment will only be used in a legal and lawful manner in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any liability and/or damage resulting from the misuse and/or unlawful use of any of the products/equipment that we offer is that of the buyer, not The International Spy Shop.
The International Spy Shop reserves the right under its product improvement policy to change construction and/or design detail (as made by the manufacturer) of the products reflected in this online catalog and to furnish products when so altered without reference to specifications used herein. Furthermore, The International Spy Shop assumes no liability with the use of products/equipment contained herein. The International Spy Shop is not responsible for typographical or printing errors. All orders are subject to approval and acceptance by The International Spy Shop. Acceptance of any order is not represented until said order is shipped. The right to refuse any order is reserved by The International Spy Shop. The submittal of an order, by the buyer, represents said buyers agreement to and with all of the Terms and Conditions of Sale of The International Spy Shop.
Equipment Rental Agreement
These terms and conditions form the rental contract (the “Rental Contract”) between you (“Lessee”) and International Security Solutions DBA International Spy Shop. (“ISS”), and apply to all the equipment rented by Lessee.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. “Equipment” means all types of housings or equipment or other supplies rented to Lessee under the Rental Contract. Lessee will have an opportunity to test and examine the Equipment to determine that the Equipment is in good working order. Lessee may test the Equipment before leaving the rental facility and any discrepancies reported to the ISS before the Rental Contract(s) or rental orders are signed.
2. Lessee agrees to defend, indemnify and hold ISS free and harmless from and against any and all claims liabilities, losses, costs and out of pocket expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of, or in connection with the equipment leased, its use or transportation, or out of operations conducted by Lessee, its agents, sub lessees, employees, contractors, representatives, guests, invitees, or customers, including, but not limited to, active and/or passive negligence, save and except claims or litigation arising through the sole negligence or sole willful misconduct of ISS.
3. Lessee is considered to have taken delivery of the equipment from the time the equipment is removed from ISS general inventory for Lessee’s use. From the time Lessee takes delivery of the equipment leased, until the equipment is returned to ISS during normal business hours and ISS accepts the equipment, Lessee assumes all risks of loss and all risks and losses while in Lessee’s possession, in transit, while at all locations, while in storage and while on Lessee’s premises. Lessee will examine equipment on receipt and verify it is in good condition, notifying ISS of any defects or non-functioning item(s) immediately. Lessee will return equipment in as good condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear excepted. Lessee will pay promptly when due all charges which accrue because of this rental, including damage or loss of said item(s).
4. Lessee will take all necessary precautions in regard to the use of the equipment leased to protect all persons and property from injury or damage. The equip ment leased shall be used only by Lessee’s employees or agents qualified to use such equipment.
5. Lessee warrants that it will not sublease any of the equipment leased without the prior written consent of ISS.
6. Lessee acknowledges that the equipment is leased without warranty, or guarantee, except as required by law.
7. Lessee shall, at its own expense, maintain at all times during the lease all risk perils insurance covering the equipment leased from ISS for full replacement cost (defined as ISS full retail pricing), except for loss of use (lease value) of the equipment. Coverage shall begin from the time Lessee or its agents take delivery of the equipment and continue until the time the equipment is returned to and accepted by ISS. Such insurance shall be on a worldwide basis, name ISS as the loss payee for loss or damage to the equipment leased and cover all risks of loss of, or dama ge to the equipment.
8. Lessee hereby agrees to strictly comply with the laws of the State in which the equipment is transported and/or used as well as all federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the transportation and use of such equipment. Lessee warrants and represents that it is fully aware of any and all dangers and risks, patent as well as latent, involved in the use, transportation and handling of the equipment leased.
9. Lessee shall be responsible to ISS for the full replacement costs, without depreciation, or repair costs of all equipment leased which is lost, stolen, or damaged. In the event the equipment leased is lost or stolen, Lessee shall file a police report. ISS shall be under no obligation to replace or repair equipment until Lessee has paid for the damaged, lost or stolen equipment. In such event, the rental fees for the subject equipment shall continue to accrue until the Lessee has paid for the lost, damaged or stolen equipment or until repairs are completed. ISS determination whether the damaged equipment shall be replaced or repaired shall be conclusive. Accrued rental charges shall not be applied against the purchase price or cost of repairs of the lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
10. Lessee hereby agrees that ISS shall be subrogated to any recovery rights Lessee may have for damage to the equipment leased in the form of insurance protection for such damage.
11. The price of rental of the equipment shall be set forth in the rental order.
12. Rental invoices are payable upon receipt of invoice at time of equipment delivery to Lessee, unless a different payment schedule is agreed upon in writing. Payments not paid within agreed terms shall be considered past due and a late charge may be assessed. Lessee agrees to pay attorneys’ fees and collection costs in the event it is deemed necessary by ISS to pursue collection of past due accounts through a collection agency or by an attorney.
13. There may be minimum charges or minimum rental periods. ISS is entitled to compensation, not to exceed the amount due for the proposed rental period, in the event of cancellation of all or part of an order unless ISS agrees otherwise.
14. Lessee must return the equipment on the date specified in the rental order or be subject to additional charges. A full additional day’s rental will be charged for each day the equipment is not returned after the date specified for the return of the equipment.
15. This agreement shall remain in effect for 365 days from the date rental was purchase by Lessee.
16. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of
California. Lessee agrees to jurisdiction over any dispute in the courts of the State of
California and to venue in
San Francisco County,
California. Lessee is authorized to enter into this agreement. If for any reason Lessee does not have shipping insurance coverage adequate to cover any damages to the equipment and lost profits to ISS, Lessee agrees to be liable for such damages.